Safety is a core value and the foundation of everything we do as a company. It is the policy of JGJ to conduct all operations and activities in a manner that ensures a healthy environment for all employees, contractors, and jobsite visitors. The prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses is of such consequence that we give health and safety precedence over operational productivity whenever necessary.
Our Project Teams assess the client's work environment and actively coordinate with the customer's personnel to ensure a safe working environment for all. JGJ employs a full-time Safety Manager responsible for: creation and utilization of company safety directives, Regulatory/OSHA compliance, Site-Specific Safety Protocols and recurring job-site safety audits.
JGJ field personnel receive the following Certification/Training:
- OSHA 30 Certified – Superintendents & Project Managers
- Drug-Free Workplace Training and CISP/CEA Substance Abuse Program Participation
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- Rough Terrain Fork Lift Operator Training
- Annual Safety Refresher Training
As well as undergo:
- Complete FBI, BCI or Ohio Background Checks
As part of our commitment to ensure a safe work environment, JGJ mandates all Contractors, and their respective work force, comply with industry standard “safe” work practices in addition to any project specific requirements such as:
- Comply with Background Checks
- Pre-employment, Random and Post Accident drug screening
- Supervisory positioned staff members are required to maintain, in good staining, an OSHA 30-hour certification and all non-supervisory workers maintain, minimally, an OSHA 10-hour certification
- Competent Person Training in relevant work areas (Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, Silica, etc.)
- Attend mandatory site-specific safety orientation prior to beginning any work
- Daily pre-shift Safety Task Analysis (STA’s) & Weekly “Tool Box Talk” Safety Meetings
- Thorough Accident & Near Miss Investigation with Root Cause Analysis
- Adherence to a Progressive Disciplinary Compliance Policy when workers are found performing unsafe acts or disregarding safety protocol
Additionally, all Contractors working on JGJ projects have been subjected to thorough evaluation of safety records, quality of work and on-time completion records.